Type: Beta-Built single cylinder, 2-stroke, liquid cooled, with BPV power valve system and electric start with back up kick starter.
Compression Ratio: 12.8:1
Exhaust Valve: Beta Progressive Valve (BPV)
Ignition: AC-CDI Kokusan
Spark Plug: NGK BR7ES
Lubrication: Pre-Mix (Oil Injection kit can be ordered as an accessory)
Carburetor: Keihin PXK 36mm
Clutch: Wet multi-disc
Final Drive: O-ring chain
Added features to all Race Editions that make them stand out from a standard model include:
- Quick release front axle pull: it speeds up tire repairs and is very useful during a race as it saves precious seconds.
- Flag style hand guards, with a modern design, sturdy structure and "In-Mould" graphics; ideal for most extreme off-road riding.
- Factory aluminum footpegs: lightweight and strong. Wider than the stock peg. Has steel pins for better grip while still being very durable.
- Rear sprocket with an anodized aluminium core and stainless steel teeth: combines a light weight sprocket with the durability of a steel sprocket.
- Red aluminum chain tensioner blocks.
- Black Excel rims.
- Racing seat with a pocket for score cards.
- Black anodized shift lever and rear brake pedal.
- Transmission oil filler cap, engine oil cap (4t) and oil filter cap (4t) made of red anodised aluminum with a pure Factory look.
- Red rim stickers, special seat pocket, and Racing graphics.