Updates for the 2012 RR Include:
* Redesigned cylinder head including reinforced camshaft bridge, valve retainers, and updated cam chain tensioner to help reduce engine noise.
* New clutch primary gear and springs for better engagement and clutch action.
* Updated counterbalance bearings for increased reliability.
* Stronger cam chain guides
* Increased oil volume to the engine cam chain for reduced friction.
* New oil drain plug for easier oil changes.
* All new Sachs 48mm fork with TFX technology, developed by Sachs exclusively for Beta. This new design allows the fork to move through its stroke with very little friction.
* New SKF fork seals and wipers with self-lubricating compounds to also reduce stiction.
* New triple clamp to match perfectly with the new front fork.
* Redesigned frame with extra gussets as well as an increased tube diameter on the lower tubes. This new frame has less flex and has improved stability.
* New front and rear brake rotors.
* New Brembo clutch master cylinder for a better clutch feel and engagement.
* Redesigned muffler (Spark Arrestor) offers better flow while retaining a quiet exhaust note.
* Redesigned front headlight and front fender support
* Striking new red color for 2012
SPECS: Download PDF specs
Type: Beta-Built single cylinder, 4-valve, 4-stroke, liquid cooled, electric start with back up kick starter.
Compression Ratio: 12.1:1
Ignition: DC-CDI with variable ignition timing, Kokusan.
Spark Plug: NGK LKAR 8A-9
Lubrication: Twin oil pumps with cartridge oil filter. Separate oil for engine and clutch .8 liter each
Carburetor: Keihin FCR-MX 39mm
Clutch: Wet multi-disc
Final Drive: O-ring chain
Frame: All New molybdenum steel with double cradle split above exhaust port. Air filter access from the side.
Seat Height: 36.8”
Ground Clearance: 12.6”
Footrest Height: 16.2”
Dry Weight: 242 lbs. dry
Fuel Tank Capacity: 2.1 US gallons
Front Suspension: All New 48 mm Sachs USD fork, adjustable compression and rebound, TFX technology.
Rear Suspension: Sachs shock w/adjustable rebound and hi/low speed compression
Front Wheel Travel: 11.4”
Rear Wheel Travel: 11.4”
Front Brake: 260mm rotor
Rear Brake: 240mm rotor
Front/Rear Rim: 21” (Front) 18” (Rear)
Front/Rear Tire: Michelin Enduro Competition
Warranty: 6 month Limited Warranty
*Specifications subject to change without notice.