Updates for the 2012 RS Include:
* Redesigned cylinder head including reinforced camshaft bridge, valve retainers, and updated cam chain tensioner to help reduce engine noise.
* New clutch primary gear and springs for better engagement and clutch action.
* Updated counterbalance bearings for increased reliability.
* Stronger cam chain guides
* Increased oil volume to the engine cam chain for reduced friction.
* New oil drain plug for easier oil changes.
* Offered in 350, 450, and 520 versions for 2012
* 45mm Marzocchi front fork valved for Dual Sport use.
* Redesigned frame with extra gussets. This new frame has less flex and has improved stability.
* Striking new red frame with white plastics for 2012
* Over 65 accessories to make your RS yours.
* Exclusive Beta BYOB (Build Your Own Beta) program
• New Brembo clutch master cylinder for a better clutch feel and engagement.
SPECS: Download PDF specs
Type: Beta‐Built single cylinder, 4‐valve, 4‐stroke liquid cooled, electric start with back up kick starter.
Compression Ratio: 11.95:1
Ignition: DC-CDI with variable ignition timing, Kokusan.
Spark Plug: NGK LKAR 8A-9
Lubrication: Twin oil pumps with cartridge oil filter. Separate oil for engine and clutch .8 liter each
Carburetor: Keihin FCR 39mm
Clutch: Wet multi-disc
Primary Ratio: 31:73
Final Drive: O-ring chain
Frame: All New molybdenum steel with double cradle split above exhaust port. Air filter access from the side.
Seat Height: 36.6”
Ground Clearance: 12.6”
Footrest Height: 16.25”
Dry Weight: 249 lbs. dry
Fuel Tank Capacity: 2.1 US gallons
Front Suspension: 45mm Marzocchi USD fork, adjustable compression and rebound
Rear Suspension: Sachs shock w/adjustable rebound and hi/low speed compression
Front Wheel Travel: 11.4”
Rear Wheel Travel: 11.4”
Final Gearing: 14t front, 45t rear
Front Brake: 260mm floating rotor
Rear Brake: 240mm rotor
Front/Rear Rim: 21” (Front) 18” (Rear)
Front/Rear Tire: Michelin Enduro, DOT approved
Warranty: 12 month Limited Warranty
*Specifications subject to change without notice.